Saturday, October 25, 2008

my coolest birthday present -- the flip video camera...


laura really scored on this one, and my hard drive is forever going to be singin' the blues... but cool video published straight to the internet has never been so easy. this was by far the best birthday present i got this year... thanks sweetheart!

it's one of time magazine's "top-25 travel gadgets," in fact. i'd heard about it, seen pictures of it, but had never touched it... never knew i even wanted one 'til laura bought it for me for me. i took it with me for the past three days to kearney and the nebraska travel conference, where i've been working. man, i just checked out the first of the videos i shot... super good quality. not saying much for guy behind the camera, but the camera itself is surprisingly good. i'm just too tired, and it's 2:37am, so i'm not going to take the time to get the videos uploaded to YouTube. sorry... but do czech it out on the flip video website.

3 comments:

MELI. said...

sweet!! I have one& i♥it.
these are awesome little gadgets.
happy bday -

Jason said...

We got one of the first generation of these - they are terrific and get WAY more use that "big" video cameras. Congrats on the cam, MG.

rfresh said...

I've used a first generation flip cam on occasion but was bummed on the quality - do the new ones still have jacked up light/lens issues?